MAN Energy: Turbocharged quotation generation
MAN Energy sells turbomachinery units and large diesel and gas engines worldwide, amongst other things for use by the refinery sector, primary industry and the energy market. Customer enquiries are processed by around 150 employees at various locations.
- Location: Augsburg (headquarters)
- Internet: www.dieselturbo.man.eu
- In order to take into account the complexity and dependency of the individual product components during configuration and quotation preparation, the CPQ solution from camos was introduced.
- The configuration solution PRIAMO - Price Assisting Mobile System - developed by camos is now used as standard by MAN employees to prepare quotations.
- The decisive advantage is product modularisation: products are divided into classes and assemblies and assigned technical characteristics.
- This ensures that only valid components and characteristic values can be assembled.
- The new system provides a uniform view of all products and simplifies the quotation process enormously - with 1,200 quotations per year, this is a considerable added value.
Picture material: ©MAN Energy (refinery, as one application area of our products)