TROX: Component for new business area
Since 1951, TROX has been involved with introducing good quality fresh air into buildings and to this end develops air conditioning and ventilation components, equipment and systems. Since 2011, the company has also been manufacturing complete central air handling units (AHU).
- Location: Neukirchen-Vluyn (headquarters)
- Internet: www.trox.de
- To enable individual customised configuration of this AHU equipment, the company introduced the camos CPQ solution.
- A primary aspect in choosing the solution was the fact that, when configuring AHU equipment, numerous physical factors need to be considered and complex calculations carried out. The camos solution makes this possible.
- The camos CPQ solution was an important element in terms of developing the new business area at TROX.
- Sales engineers have been using the product configurator in relation to the sale of AHU equipment in the X-CUBE product series since the middle of 2011.
- During configuration, the device being created is also graphically displayed.
- In this way, possible construction errors are rapidly ascertained and can be rectified.
- The configuration rules are then adjusted accordingly – consistently increasing the precision of the configurator and constantly improving the AHU devices .
Sales staff are constantly looking to improve solution details. Generally such improvements are easily achieved as the camos software is optimally suited for modification and expansion.
Dirk Gartmann, design system development team leader at TROX