HOMAG: Configurator reduces processing time by 80 per cent
HOMAG Holzbearbeitungssysteme GmbH produces sawing, drilling, milling, sanding and format processing machines and systems worldwide for the wood processing and furniture industry. The company has carved out an estimable world market share of 30 per cent to date, with HOMAG regularly receiving customer orders involving diverse product variations.
- Location: Schopfloch (headquarters)
- Internet: www.homag.com
- In order to keep throughput times as short as possible and to be able to offer customers an extensive variety of products, the CPQ solution from camos was introduced.
- The product configurator converts customer orders directly into production orders.
- Complex orders are now configured within minutes.
- Sources of error in quotation and order creation are identified
- The quality costs caused by the sales department have decreased.