Hauni: Comprehensive digitisation strategy in the bid and order process
Hauni Maschinenbau GmbH is an internationally active German manufacturer of machinery and equipment for the tobacco industry (cigarette machines).
- Location: Hamburg (headquarters)
- Internet: www.hauni.com
- A high-performance and flexible configuration solution for production facilities with their approximately 100,000 different features was established.
- Sales and engineering is combined without system breaks.
- Thoroughly consistent data minimises deviations and errors. The sales department always has reliable information at hand.
- Use the CPQ solution to streamline processes and make distributed knowledge available.
- Company-wide expert knowledge is systematically recorded. This results in overarching knowledge of all relevant processes.
- The throughput times have dropped significantly as configuration changes in the CPQ automatically lead to customised 3D models.
We used to have specialists for all sub-areas. But hardly anyone had the overall know-how about all processes. Thanks to the central master data management, our colleagues now have broad, superordinate knowledge about the interrelationships. This increases the quality of the work immensely.
Matthias Bruns, Head of Project Management and Project Engineering at Hauni